The content is just an excerpt from the complete note for JSS3 Second Term Social Studies Lesson Note – Economic Reform Measures II. Check below to download the complete DOCUMENT
TOPIC: ECONOMIC REFORM MEASURES II
It may be described as the transformation of raw materials such as agricultural, mineral, water and forest resources into arbcles or commodities for trade or human consumption. Manufacturing is imply the polices of turning raw materials into new products by using mechanical chemical processes.
Classification of Manufacturing Industries: Manufacturing industries in Nigeria can be grouped into three main categories:
- 1. LIGHT INDUSTRIES: Light industries are common in tropical African countries such as Nigeria, Ghana etc.
Factors Affecting Location of Industries
- The availability of raw materials at a particular place e.g. limestone at Ewekoro is used in the production of cement at Ewekoro.
- Industries tends to develop where there are people to buy the products.
- Transport inform of roads or railway to move the finished products to the market and raw materials to the industries is very important.
- There should be adequate supply of skilled men power and other categories of labour
Problems facing Industries in Nigeria
To gain full access to the note: DOWNLOAD FILE