The content is just an excerpt from the complete note for SS2 Second Term Civic Education Lesson Note – Responsible Parenthood. Check below to download the complete DOCUMENT
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TOPIC: RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD
- Meaning of Responsible Parenthood
- Roles of responsible parents
SUB-TOPIC 1: MEANING OF RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD
The word parenthood is derived from the primary word parent. A parent is a caretaker of a child. The act of raising up offspring is called parenting.
Responsible parenthood is the act or process of effective discharge of duty and obligation of upbringing/rearing of children/wards by parents/guardians.
This is the activity of raising a child from infancy to adulthood. In this case, the total development of the child is undertaken by the parent.
What is the meaning of parenthood?
SUB-TOPIC 2: ROLES OF RESPONSIBLE PARENTS
Responsible parenthood has the following duties to perform:
- Provision of nutrition or balanced diet
- Provision of clothing
- Provision of good home for the child to grow
- Showing of love and affection
- Guidance to obey the law of the land and to shun drug abuse
- Monitoring the child towards national views
- Provision of health care for the child
- Safe environment for the child to develop
- Provision of atmosphere of peace and justice
To gain full access to the note: DOWNLOAD FILE