The website has the complete lesson note for all the subjects in secondary school but this piece showcases the SS2 Civic Education Lesson Note on Responsible Parenthood. You can use the website search button to filter out the subject of interest to you.
CLICK HERE to download the complete Document: DOWNLOAD HERE
TOPIC: RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD
- Meaning of Responsible Parenthood
- Roles of responsible parents
SUB-TOPIC 1: MEANING OF RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD
The word parenthood is derived from the primary word parent. A parent is a caretaker of a child. The act of raising up offspring is called parenting.
Responsible parenthood is the act or process of effective discharge of duty and obligation of upbringing/rearing of children/wards by parents/guardians.
This is the activity of raising a child from infancy to adulthood. In this case, the total development of the child is undertaken by the parent.
What is the meaning of parenthood?
SUB-TOPIC 2: ROLES OF RESPONSIBLE PARENTS
Responsible parenthood has the following duties to perform:
- Provision of nutrition or balanced diet
- Provision of clothing
- Provision of good home for the child to grow
- Showing of love and affection
- Guidance to obey the law of the land and to shun drug abuse
- Monitoring the child towards national views
- Provision of health care for the child
- Safe environment for the child to develop
- Provision of atmosphere of peace and justice
- Teaching the child to love
Click on the Downloadable Button to get the FULL NOTE