This content is just an excerpt from the complete lesson note for Primary Two Third Term Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK) Lesson Note. Check the link attached to download the complete lesson note << DOWNLOAD FILE >>
Class: Basic Two
Subject: Christian Religious Knowledge
Topic: The call of Abraham
Duration: 40 minutes
Previous knowledge: Students are familiar with the story of Abraham
Behavioural objectives: At the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to
- Explain the call of Abraham.
- Explain the importance of responding to God’s call
- Recite Genesis chapter twelve verse one
Instructional material: The Holy Bible, picture and chart.
Reference material: Learn Africa Basic Christian Religious Knowledge UBE edition by Hannah Ishola and others
Bible passages (Genesis 12:1–19)
The call of Abraham, and how he demonstrated his faith and obedience to God. Abraham was the son of Terah. He lived in the town of Haran with his wife Sarai and nephew Lot.
One day, God told Abraham to leave his town (Haran) and his relatives and to go where God would show him. Because Abraham trusted in God and loved to obey him, he left immediately with his wife and Lot and with all they had. Abraham was seventy-five years old when God called him. He had no child at that time. Moreover, his actual name then was Abram. He did not know where God wanted him to go but he obeyed Him by leaving his town and relatives. When Abram arrived Canaan, God told him to live there. God promised Abram that the land of Canaan would belong to him and his descendants.
The importance of answering God’s call
If we answer God’s call by obeying him, the following things will happen:
1 God will reward us.
2 We will be very happy
- God will keep all the promises He has made to us
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “The call of Abraham”
Step III: Teacher explains how God called Abraham
Step IV: Teacher explains further with relevant examples.
Step V: Teacher explains the importance of obeying God’s call
Step VI: Pupils contribute and ask questions
Evaluation: Fill in the gaps below with correct answers.
- Abram was changed to _______________.
- Sarai was changed to ___________________
- Abram went with his ______________ and _____________.
- The name of Abram’s father was _____________________.
- Re tell the story of the call of Abraham.
Conclusion: Teacher concludes the lesson by evaluating the students and gives an assignment
Assignment: Choose the correct answers for the questions below.
- Abram was _________ years old when God called him.
- seventy-five C. one hundred D. ninety
- The name of the land where Abraham settled down was _________.
- Haran B. Terah C. CanaanD. Jerusalem
To gain full access to the note: CLICK HERE >> DOWNLOAD FILE >>