This content is just an excerpt from the complete lesson note for Primary Four Third Term Physical and Health Education (PHE) Lesson Note. Check the link attached to download the complete lesson note << DOWNLOAD FILE >>
PRIMARY 4 PHE THIRD TERM LESSON NOTE
TOPIC – INTRODUCTION TO MARTIAL ARTS
- Meaning of Martial Art
- Types of Martial Art
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- State briefly the meaning of Martial Arts.
- List types of Martial Arts.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Course book
- Video clips
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Fitness and Fun, A Physical and Health Education Course for Primary School 4
- All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (MARTIAL ARTS)
Martial arts are tough physical skills that are used to overpower any opponent in physical combat.
TYPES OF MARTIAL ARTS
There are many different types of martial arts, including:
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and allows pupils to demonstrate one or two martial arts.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the meaning of Martial Arts;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
- Makes a list of different types of martial arts.
Pupil’s Activities – State different types of martial arts.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- State the meaning of Martial Arts.
- List 3 types of Martial Arts.
To gain full access to the note: CLICK HERE >> DOWNLOAD FILE >>