The website has the complete lesson note for all the subjects in secondary school but this piece showcases the JSS1 Cultural and Creative Art (CCA) Lesson Note on Costume and Make-Up in Drama. You can use the website search button to filter out the subject of interest to you.
TOPIC: COSTUME AND MAKE-UP IN DRAMA
(a) Meaning of costumes
(b) The place of make-up in drama
(c) Basic types of make-up (i) straight/foundation make-up (ii) stages/character make-up. (D) Making up in drama production.
Costumes are clothes and accessories e.g. cap, jewelry, beads necklaces, shoes and bags etc. worn by actors and actresses in a drama presentation.
It is the colorful substance e.g. Powder/ paints used especially by women to make their faces look more attractive.
Costume involves clothing and accessories while make-up involves all that is done to the body.
Types of make-up.
(i)Straight/ foundation make up
(ii)Stage/ character make up)
Straight /foundation Make-up:is the make-up used to enhance beauty e.g. if a young girl is acting the role of a young girl, make-up will be used on her to enhance her beauty.
Stage/character Make-up: is used to alter features. It is used for the alteration of features. For instance, if a boy of 18 is acting the role of a man of forty, make-ups will be used to make him look older.
USES OF MAKE UP AND COSTUME IN DRAMA
- It is for identification.
- It helps the audience for easy understanding of the play.
- It helps in easy interpretation of the play and its location.
- The rich and the poor i.e. social and economic status of the characters are easily identified.
- It helps in identifying the occupation or profession of the character.
- Costume gives weight and extra meaning to a drama.
MAKING UP IN DRAMA
Click on the Downloadable Button to get the FULL NOTE