The content is just an excerpt from the complete note for JSS3 Second Term Social Studies Lesson Note – Conflicts. Check below to download the complete DOCUMENT
Conflict is defined as a misunderstanding or disagreement between two or more people conflict can occur between families, communities and nations.
Nigeria as a nation has witnessed or experience a lot of conflict. For example
- The civil war between 1967 and 1970
- Students not starting from Ali must go
- Inter – tribal wars – ife – Modakeke war
- Religious riot and wars particularly in northern part of the country (Kano, Kaduna, Plateau, Bauchi, Maduguri) and issue of Boko – Haram
- Workers strikes and protest e.g. the judiciary and the health officers strikes
- Electoral protect leading to burning of valuable properties and destruction of lives.
Causes of Conflict
- Selfishness or Self centredness
- Lack of cooperation
- Bad leadership/leader’s inability to perform his functions well
- Religion intolerance
- Communication gap between two people or nations
- Laziness and inefficiency
- Increase in crime rate or came act among people.
Effects of Conflicts
- It leads to lost of lives and properties
To gain full access to the note: DOWNLOAD FILE