The content is just an excerpt from the complete note for JSS2 Second Term Basic Technology Lesson Note – Triangles. Check below to download the complete PDF
SECOND TERM E-LEARNING NOTE
CLASS: JS2 (BASIC 8)
SUBJECT: BASIC TECHNOLOGY
CLASS: JSS TWO
- Triangle and its types
- Inscribed and circumscribed circles in a given triangle
Content Development (NOTES FOR FIRST LESSON/PERIOD ONE)
Sub-Topic I: Triangle and its types
A triangle is a plane figure bounded by three straight lines. The figure below shows the typical shape of a triangle. The sum total of all the angles in a triangle is 1800. Triangles are described by:
- The lengths of their sides
- The sizes of their angle; and
- A combination of both lengths of sides and sizes of angles
Types of triangle
- Right angled triangle: – a right-angled triangle has one angle equal to 900. The side opposite the 900 is called the hypotenuse.
- Equilateral triangle: – An equilateral triangle has all the three sides and angles equal.
- Isosceles triangle: An Isosceles triangle has two equal sides and angles
- Scalene triangles: – A scalene triangle has three unequal sides and angles.
- Obtuse-angled triangle: – It has one of its angles more than 900
To gain full access to the note: DOWNLOAD FILE