The content is just an excerpt from the complete note for JSS2 First Term Basic Technology Lesson Note – First Aid and First Aid Materials. Check below to download the complete PDF
SUBJECT: BASIC TECHNOLOGY
TOPIC: Revision of last term’s work (JSS ONE WORK)
The Teacher should use discretion, knowing areas most students are still having difficulties in last term’s work and re-teach or re-explain those areas within this week.
TOPIC: FIRST AID AND FIRST AID MATERIALS
- First Aid Box and materials.
- Application of simple First Aid
Sub-Topic I: First Aid Box and Materials
What is First Aid?
First aid is the emergency medical treatment given to a victim, who suddenly falls sick or injured before thorough medical treatment is available to him or her. OR First Aid is the immediate and temporary treatment given to a victim of an accident or sick person before professional medical care is available.
Current ISO (International Standard Organization) recommends the use of a white cross against a green background (or vice versa) as colours for identifying first aid kits.
Benefits of First Aid
- It prevents loss of life of the injured person
- It improves the vital signs of the patient such as breathing rate, temperature, pulse rate, etc.
- It assists the medical doctor with useful information.
- It immediately stops the worsening of the condition of the injured person
First Aid Box
What is First Aid Box? First aid Box is a box that contains all the materials that are needed for first aid emergency care.
To gain full access to the note: DOWNLOAD FILE