The content is just an excerpt from the complete note for JSS2 First Term Basic Technology Lesson Note – Circles. Check below to download the complete PDF
- Circle and its parts
- Division of a Circle into equal parts
Sub-Topic I: Circle and its parts
A Circle is a plane figure bounded by a curved line called the circumference.
Parts of a Circle
The following are the various parts of a circle:
- Diameter: The diameter is a straight line drawn through the center of a circle and meeting the circumference at both ends.
- Radius: The radius is a straight line drawn from the center of a circle to any point on the circumference of the circle. A radius is always half of the circle’s diameter.
- Segment: This is an area of the circle bounded by an arc and a chord
- Chord: The chord is a straight line which joins any two given points on the circumference of a circle.
- Sector: This is the part of a circle bounded by two radii and an arc.
- Quadrant: The quadrant is the part of a circle bounded by two radii which are at right angles to each other, and bounded by an arc. A quadrant is a quarter of the circle.
Tangent: The tangent is usually ………………
To gain full access to the note: DOWNLOAD FILE