The content is just an excerpt from the complete note for JSS1 Third Term Home Economics Lesson Note – Healthy Feeding and Eating Practices. Check below to download the complete DOCUMENT
TOPIC: HEALTHY FEEDING AND EATING PRACTICES
SUB-TOPIC 1: Healthy feeding practices: include e.g., eat adequate diet, use foods in season, etc.
Feeding or eating habit means every day pattern of eating
A healthy feeding habit results from choosing nutritious food in a conscious way.
Importance of Healthy feeding Habit
Healthy feeding and eating practices will help you to achieve the following:
- Look and feel better
- Have a body that is better equipped to heal fast and properly when, attacked by diseases than a poorly nourished one.
- Have more energy.
- Prevent you from getting some diseases later in life.
SUB-TOPIC 2: Healthy feeding and eating practices include:
- Eat adequate meals daily with plenty of water at the appropriate time.
- Eat foods with plenty of green vegetables.
- Do not eat too much or too little.
- Eat food from all the classes of food.
- Do not eat foods that contain too much sugar, salt and fats & oil.
- Do not take soft drinks in place of food.
- Use foods in season.
To gain full access to the note: DOWNLOAD FILE