This content is just an excerpt from the Complete Third Term Civic Education Lesson Note For Primary Six. Check the link attached to download the complete lesson note << DOWNLOAD FILE >>
CIVIC EDUCATION THIRD-TERM E-NOTES
TOPIC: NATURE OF DRUG ABUSE AND ITS EFFECTS
- Meaning of Drug abuse
- Examples of Drugs Made from Interaction between Chemicals
- Specific Effects of Heroine, Cocaine and Sedatives
PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES: At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to;
- State examples of drugs made from the interaction between chemicals.
- List effects of each heroine, cocaine and sedative.
Scheme of Work
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Substance abuse is drug abuse and taking without the doctor’s advice or prescription. Some substance when taken change the action of the body. Examples of substances are heroine, cocaine, Indian hemp, etc.
EXAMPLES OF DRUGS MADE FROM INTERACTION BETWEEN CHEMICALS
- Cough mixture
- Antibiotics, etc.
EXAMPLES OF SUBSTANCES ABUSE
EFFECTS OF DRUGS ABUSE ON HEALTH/SOCIO–ECONOMIC EFFECTS OF DRUGS ABUSE
Effects of Heroine (Street Name – Gbana)
- Respiratory infection
- Chills and cramps
- Lack of appetite
- Loss of weight
Effects of Cocaine (Street Name – Coke)
- Increase blood pressure
- Loss of weight
Effects of Sedative Drugs (MANDRAX AND VALIUM)
- Co – ordination
- Poor school performance
- Drop – out of school
Strategies and activities
- Step1: Teacher revises the previous topic
- Step2: Teacher introduces the new topic
- Step 3: Teacher explains the new topic
- Step4: Teacher welcomes pupils’ questions
- Step 5: Teacher evaluates the pupils
Evaluation and Assignment
- State 4 examples of drugs made from interaction between chemicals.
- List 2 effects of each of heroine, cocaine and sedative.
To gain full access to the note: CLICK HERE >> DOWNLOAD FILE >>