The content is just an excerpt from the Complete First Term Civic Education Lesson Notes For Primary One. Check below to download the complete DOCUMENT
Scheme of Work
WEEK 1 – Respect
WEEK 2 – People to respect
WEEK 3 – Place and things to respect
WEEK 4 – Ways of respecting people
WEEK 5 – Ways of respecting places and things
WEEK 6 – How to respect government properties
WEEK 7 – Reasons for respecting elders I
WEEK 8 – Reasons for respecting elders II
WEEK 9 – Different ways of greetings
WEEK 10 – How to respect God and why
Class: Basic one
Topic: PLACES AND THINGS TO RESPECT
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: At the end of the lesson, Pupils should be able to:
- Say the meaning of places and things to respect.
- Identify important places and things to respect.
Instructional material: Civic Education for primary school book 1
Building Background /connection to prior knowledge: The pupils are familiar with the meaning of respect
Some Places to Respect
- Our house: We must be well-behaved at home and keep the home clean.
- Our school: We must be polite at school because we learn there.
- Our place of worship: We must be quiet and prayerful in God’s house.
- The government house: We must be polite and calm because our leaders work there.
- The stadium: We should be careful there, so no one would be injured during sports.
- The ruler’s palace: We must be polite and orderly there.
- Our community: We live there. We should not throw litter around. Also, we must take care of the environment.
Some Things to Respect
- The National Flag: We must treat the flag with respect because it is an important symbol of our great country.
- Nigeria’s Constitution: It is å special book that contains the laws of our country.
To gain full access to the note: CLICK HERE >> DOWNLOAD FILE